Wednesday, January 6, 2010

0 + 14

We are officially on day 14 from receiving the transplant. All is well. The doctors have told me that I'm in the top three percent of the patients that they see. I guess this would mean that I have less complications and symptoms or less sever symptoms than the other patients that they see. I was excited to hear that and so was the rest of the family. Like family and friends we have a guessing game going on to find out when I'll engraft. Well, the Doctors are having that same guessing game amongst themselves. One thinks that it will happen at the end of this week, another think the following week. So I'm just playing a waiting game.

I have mouth sores that hurt like crazy, but they seem to be doing better. I could not eat or swallow anything for a while so they put me on IV foods ( lipids, and vitamins mixed with water)

My throat is feeling tons better now I can swallow and I ate my first solid food today. It was jello! I love frozen jello.

My long bones hurt, which I hear is a good sign. This shows potential for engraftment.

Well all is well with the cancer patient- Know an update on Kade's life

Kade started school today. He is in the police academy, so this round being the second round will be more hands on. Kade loves to shoot so this period of school should fly by for him. I also believe that It will prove that he is the best in his class ( no offense guys).

Well enough about us. Thanks for all your love and support in every way possible.

2 comments:

  1. mouth sores :( but now you can try all the flavors of jello!! they have some pretty fancy ones!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What you need some of Mom Cherrington's rainbow jello! Wish I could send it in a package but I think it would melt. Brian cuts it up in triangles and calls it gay jello! But don't let mom know I told you that! Love ya

    ReplyDelete