Monday, October 19, 2009

Zermont Hotel

Grandma and Grandpa Gunnell (Kade's grandparents) took us to dinner at the Zermont hotel. They are so sweet to us. They wanted to help us celebrate out sixth month anniversary. They even put us up in the hotel for two nights. We had so much fun walking around Midway. They were having a scarecrow show. So we walked around that and enjoyed viewing what people had made. Kade also showed me the crater and we wished that we could have gone swimming in it. too bad I have a central line.

Kade and I are so grateful for the wonderful people in our lives that give us support. It made our week to be able to spend time together alone and to just do nothing. I was feeling great while we were in midway, but I ended up needing two bags of blood when we got home. I was a little winded from all our walking. ;)

We are getting more and more excited for the Andrew to come home. It will be great to see him when he comes to save my life. I am more excited that Andrew and Kade will get to meet for more than two hours. (For those of you who don't know, Kade and Andrew met briefly before Andrew left to Costa Rica... yes, I know, I broke mission rules!)

I go back to Primary Children's hospital on October 22 for my next round of chemo. I should be there about five days unless I have some major complication. I hope that I don't so that I can spend more time at home before the transplant. Well that about sums up whats been happening with the Martinez family!

4 comments:

  1. they are so sweet i love the martinez family!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute pictures Brette! I still miss you! You aren't missing much though, Swine flu is going around and they cancelled some class time so people could go get vaccinated. I went yesterday with Denae, I'm glad I did! Crazyness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Brette! Just wanted to drop a line and see how you are doing. Good luck with the bone marrow transplants. We'll keep you in our prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi girlfriend!! Good to talk with you-I love your blog, now I will be more up-to-date with what you are doing!! Lots of Love!!

    ReplyDelete