Monday, November 30, 2009

Cancer Life

Well,

I am finally out of the hospital. I think I was in for about 20 days straight and I was ready to go when they released me on Sunday. I have to be back at the hospital on Friday Dec 6 for more tests before the bone marrow transplant and then for a meeting with the radiologist. I'm nervous for the meeting and excited so I can get all my questions answered. Andrew flies into SLC on Dec 7! That's a week from today! Our whole family is way excited for that and what an amazing experience it will be to have him home with us for Christmas. The transplant will take place on Dec 23. That's also the same day that they will harvest Andrew's bone marrow. The Bone marrow team talks as if this day will be like Christmas for us. It will be a big party with both sets of family and they give gifts and sing happy birthday ( not sure why, but that's what they said). I check back into the hosptial however on Dec 15 to start the radiation and the final chemo therapy treatments. It's a little weird to think that this day is almost upon us. I'm excited to be getting better and for my hair to finally start growing back. You can only stand to be bald for so long. haha

Well that's all I know as of right now. I'll keep you posted as more information is given to me. Thanks for all your love and support

2 comments:

  1. you are so strong brette!! thanks for the update-love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brette, you are such a trooper and have such a positive attitude. I agree with the person commenting above me- you are so strong, and great! Keep you in our prayers! :)

    ReplyDelete